The project will see 8 empty urban spaces becoming test grounds for new kinds of cultural engagement, innovative cultural actions that will enhance their ecological values.
- Interventions in empty spaces, looking at biodiversity: Liepaja Culture Department in Liepaja, Public Art Lab in Berlin, Kontejner in Zagreb and Split
- Interventions in empty spaces on Commoning: La Friche with Seconde Nature in Marseille, ANTI in Kuopio.
- Interventions on the Impermanence: Bios in Athens/Elefsina, PLAI in Timișoara, LAMA in Florence.
The long experiments integrate dedicated time for analysis and evaluation, with an initial co-design mapping and prior assessment, mid-term and final assessments, through a project’s Theory Of Change, all of them led under the expertise of the research team of Savonia University.
- Impact assessment
The capacity building strand supports the partners and the local coalitions throughout the whole project. This enables continual innovation and complex, quadruple helix pattern of collaboration and build the ecosystemic capacity. It will focus on the non-linear complexity of knowledge-based approaches supporting ecosystem-based design, in changemaking, urban ecology, and collective intelligence.
- Urban ecology training
- Changemaking acceleration programme
- Collective intelligence facilitation
- Twinning modules and sessions with ECHN